I want to introduce myself in my first real blog entry. My name is Valeriya (personally, I write myself without the "y" so feel free to choose your own writing method). I am a girl from Ukraine and have been living in Austria for 10 years already.
I speak three languages almost fluently: Russian, German and English. Well you could say by speaking I mean understanding the languages because it often happens that I mix up words and so it seems I can't form proper sentences while speaking. I am actually not that dumb, just confused when it comes to speaking properly. I learned other languages as well, for example Ukrainian (which actually shoud be my mother tongue...SHOULD...), French, and Latin. I still tell people I can speak them but I actually don't. So if you try speaking French with me you won't hear a word from my side.
I am actually more shy in real life than I look like. I barely talk to people and start conversations on my own but if I know someone I really loosen up and am usually a great girl to hang out with.
What I can tell about my goals in life is that I want to finish studying transcultural communication and become a translator. NOT an interpreter. I can't understand how people interprete without their brains exploding. My goal is to translate whole movies or video games, at least just subtitles. I like to translate stuff since I started playing video games in russian and noticed how miserable the translation was. I felt a pain in my soul because some people don't take translating seriously enough, especially when the text is a part of a whole gaming or watching experience. That's why I choose to study transcultural communication with the languages English and Russian. And of course because I am really interested in getting to know both cultures better.
My other goals would be to become a famous astronomer or game programmer but that's a dream of every little nerd girl.
I was raised in a family of musicians (my mother and my former step father are both conductors), so I grew up with a lot of classical music. As you might imagine I was forced to start playing piano when I was approximately 5 or 6 years old but I quit when I moved to Austria.
As I already mentioned I am a nerd girl, loving video games, anime, classical music, astronomy, the band Depeche Mode, horror and some more strange stuff I would confuse you with. And I know this post wasn't really meaningful so I promise to try and be more informative on the next blogs. If you are interested in anything just let me know, comment or something, I don't know how blogger works (yet). And if you would, please tell me what you'd be interested to read about. Whether you want something informative or just blogs about my everyday life, I don't really care as long as YOU read it ;)
See ya next time!
BYE BYE ~
PS: Here's a song for you. Gotta love the refrain.
Oh my God! Wow, you’re interested in anime? Well, me too :D Maybe you’ll blog something about your favorite anime soon! I’m eager to know, because I haven’t met so much people with this interest. So, I hope you’ll let your readers stay tuned for more, especially when it is about music and anime :)
ReplyDeleteKay, next one will be an anime blog then ;)
ReplyDelete