Hi guys~
I'm sorry I didn't write anything for such a long time. I was really busy, university stuff you know...and video games, TV, internet and reading. So while I was "busy" I discovered a series. It isn't new, it was all over the papers, TV and the internet (especially Tumblr) and everyone said it was GREAT. I never dared to watch it because I always get distracted, watch the first episode and then forget a series (usually). But this was different.
I was "busy" so I started to look for something I could do. I remembered my little half-sister loved the series Sherlock and it was really all over Tumblr every day, and I am a real Tumblr person so it's annoying if I don't know a fandom. I am so grateful I watched it because it is by far the BEST thing I have ever seen.
BBC trailer for Sherlock season 1.
You want to watch it. Believe me
You want to watch it. Believe me
As you can tell, the series evolves around Sherlock Holmes and John Watson. However, it is set in our time, which makes it even more interesting. Sherlock is a private detective in London and John is a former army doctor and soldier in Afghanistan. The two men move together, not knowing each other at the beginning. After some time, they get to know each other, becoming even best friends. They solve crimes together and John starts up a blog, where he documents their cases (by the way, the blog is really online!!!). I would like to write SO much more but I would spoil you so watch it yourself. It seriously is the best thing I've ever seen. If you know IMDb, you know how hard it is for a movie or a series to get 9.2 FRIGGIN STARS!!! Everyone loves Sherlock.
Sherlock trailer for season 2
SO INTENSE
MY GOD
Now what I want to write about more specifically is the character of Sherlock. Sherlock Holmes is looking for an adventure, for something to happen in his life. He is a really strange guy, often called "the freak". He goes to the Buckingham Palace only in his bath robe, knows everything about everyone after looking at a person just for a few seconds and keeps human heads in his fridge to observe the salivation after death. You can tell, he hasn't got many friends in his life so the friendship with Watson is really special (oh my feels). Sherlock is completely crazy but brilliant at the same time. Sherlock and Watson depend on each other, being best friends. Sherlock needs John because he needs someone to talk to and there is a, kind of, brotherly love going on between them (ugh...yes, just brotherly...). Watson is fascinated by Sherlock and admires him, telling him all the time how brilliant he is. And they've both got a British accent.
The actor plays his role amazingly well, memorizing tons of text and making it the best Sherlock Holmes ever played. Now I'm not a Benedict Cumberbatch fan (or, how they call themselves, a Cumberb*tch) but I have to admit his performance is STUNNING, as well as the performance of Martin Freeman (also Bilbo Baggins in "The Hobbit") as Watson. I wonder how people even write this plot without being geniusses themselves. As I said I would like to write just SO MUCH MORE about the series, the relationships between the characters (which are pretty amazing and deep), the incredible plot, the crazy ending of the last season and so on. It would go on for ages. Just watch it please, do yourself some good. It really is a series which is highly intelligent, funny, dramatic and much more. Your mind and body needs some Sherlock. Believe me.
Season 3, starting 01.01.2014.
excitement
The series consists of 2 seasons right now, each season with 3 episodes. Yeah, it's not much indeed, but each episode is approximately 88 minutes long so it's okay. AND!!: there is a 3rd season coming on 01.01.2014 and I am SO excited you can't even imagine!!! If you consider watching the series, do it NOW, until the 3rd season comes out. It is so amazing, I can't even stop going on about how much I love it. AND the soundtrack is great, which is really important to me. If I don't like the soundtrack, I don't want to watch the movie or series.
Just a little summary of Sherlock's character. He is amazing.
Just watch at least the first episode of Sherlock and try not to watch the whole series after that. I know you couldn't. No one could.
HAVE FUN and tell me your opinion!
BYE BYE ~
PS: I'm sorry this post is so short, I was just trying not to tell too much about the characters and a character analysis isn't possible without telling the plot...So forgive me, the next entry is going to be a bit longer anyways (the next one's will be for university and stuff).
EDIT: Series 3 is the most mindblowing thing ever. If you haven't watched Sherlock yet, DO IT


No comments:
Post a Comment