Friday, January 10, 2014

Punta Lunga



Hi guys~

So I need to write another travel related blog so I’m going to tell you about one of my favourite places on earth: Punta Lunga!


It’s a campsite in southern Italy and I went there…4 times I guess. Friends of my family are going there every year for over 20 years now and one summer my mum was really busy working so she couldn’t look after me (she is a freelancer AND musician. She hasn’t got a lot of free time). Thank god she couldn’t, because I fell in love with the place!!!



Just to get this straight, I HATE campsites. I hate sleeping in tents, the lack of comfort and a proper bed, I hate having to cook by myself and most of all, I hate to go to the toilets. It’s even okay that they look absolutely disgusting, the terrible thing about it is that you have to actually walk there for 5 minutes. So whether you have a perfect sight and are camping near the sea or you have the comfort living near the toilets so you can go there whenever you wish to. It’s a terrible decision. If there were hotels near the beach like this campsite I would have definitely preferred to go there to a campsite.
BUT it was a very pretty campsite. It was very relaxing, although the cicadas wanted to kill me, probably. They were only screeching when I wanted to take a nap. All the time and as loud as they could. 


The long travel was very exhausting. We went there by car and a trailer, where our friends slept. I slept in a tent…We travelled for 16 hours. No, it wasn’t fun.

We always stayed near the sea, so I fell asleep with the sounds of the sea. It was really relaxing and beautiful! There was a LOT of animation on this campsite. It started early in the morning. Early, I say, 10 am. This campsite was one of the most “silent” one’s in the region and there were plenty of them. Apparently Italian people love loud music throughout the whole day. The funny part about the animation was the so-called “baby dance”. People gathered around the animators and danced together. It was designed to be for children but there were more adults dancing there than kids actually. Every evening there was an other program like a play or a movie, maybe comedy but we didn’t understand anything because it was all in Italian. 



 Although found on google, this was our view every day

One of the most beautiful moments in my life was actually in Punta Lunga. There was a small peninsula and I used to go up there with friends. From that peninsula you could see the next city, Vieste, which was beautifully lit at night. The lighthouse in Vieste was sending out its lights and I found it very pretty. Usually there were not many people going around this place at night and it was really silent and peaceful. I sat down on a rock and looked out into the sea and the sky. It was amazing because the sky there was clear almost all the time so you could see the stars more clearly than you do in a city. The water of the sea reflected the sky and it was very beautiful, especially when there was a full moon! The sounds of the waves fitted the atmosphere and it was just overwhelming. I used to sit there and watch the night sky for hours.

Unfortunately, I haven’t got any photos of Punta Lunga and I’m really sad about it. It never occurred to me to take pictures. Silly me. It was just amazing and, even lacking the comfort being a campsite, it was a memorable experience. I really miss going there now…




So yes, I recommend you to go there once.

BYE BYE~

No comments:

Post a Comment