Friday, June 20, 2014

Introducing Hannibal, the best cook ever


Hi guys!

I didn't mean to write about it that soon but I'm going to just give it a shot and write my usual fangirling stuff again. So 2 days ago I have started watching a new series and am totally hooked. I don't even know why, it's just too perfect for me. Usually, it takes some time for me to start liking something as much as I like it now...



The show is called Hannibal, yes, Hannibal the cannibal (YEAS I always wanted to write this).It is similar to other crime shows, a new crime to solve (almost) each episode. But it's different from, for example, the CSI series. It's with Hannibal. You may know the story behind Hannibal but I have never watched the movies or read the books. I wasn't scared of it, I just didn't really care, but this show is like a drug. If you know the story of Hannibal you can skip reading the next part, but I don't know whether it's exactly like this in the movies or in the book.

 This sums everything up pretty well

Actually, the protagonist isn't Hannibal but Will Graham. Will is a man who is able to feel and think himself into murderers after examining a crime scene. He is an agent of the FBI but is also teaching the people who want to become FBI agents as him. The show starts off with a serial murder case, in which several similar looking girls have disappeared. The FBI asks Will Graham to help them find the culprit but his boss and friend Jack is worried about his mental health (imagining you are the murderer and killing the people brutally will eventually drive you mad, you know..) so he introduces him to a psychiatrist, Hannibal Lecter.

Hannibal seems like a very reserved and intelligent person, but something about him makes the viewers of the show shiver. He is too “perfect” and calm, his face and body like resembling a statue. The FBI trusts him and hires him as Will's psychiatrist. Will hates psychiatrists so he pretends to just talk to him, like a friend. Over time, they really start to like each other, but Will's condition is getting worse because of all the brutal murders he has to examine over the next time. Also, Hannibal seems to make friends easily, because he loves to have people over for dinner. And he is a great cook, I'm not even kidding. Everyone is in love with his food, but no one knows what, or WHO he is eating...

The atmosphere in this show is incredible. I have never watched a flawless show but I think the atmosphere makes the timeless story of Hannibal even more perfect, making it one of the most popular shows in America. The music is perfect. There is no real soundtrack, just sound effects and classical music. Just imagine a scene where the cold-faced and highly intelligent Hannibal is eating his five-star menu with Chopin or Bach playing in the background. And you know exactly what he is eating. Ugh it gives me the shivers...


This is just a little taste of the show. And if this isn't making you puke you can watch it, I guess.


So yes, if you don't like creepy and macabre stuff you shouldn't watch it. But the show has won so many awards for the best drama that you almost have to give it a try. Sometimes I just have to look away because the scenes just seem too much, people murdered brutally, often stabbed multiple times, Hannibal eating human organs...it's hard to watch and I read a critic writing: sometimes the show is a physical pain. And yes it is. But it's too good to stop, dragging you in more and more so you can't stop watching.

I mean, I can tell you a lot about the show already, after watching it for 2 days, roughly said, and halfway through series one. So if I were you, I would watch it. But only if you can handle the huge amount of gore and drama.

I must sound like a creepy person now. I'M NOT!!! It's just really interesting and good...

Bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment