Hi guys!
Phew, my last post for this semester. I can't believe I actually managed to write 10 posts with the stress and health problems I had this time...applause please.
Phew, my last post for this semester. I can't believe I actually managed to write 10 posts with the stress and health problems I had this time...applause please.
So I hope this post isn't
going to be as long as the other ones, I don't want to bore you. I'm
going to write about a videogame! It's huge almost everywhere and
most gamers know it or have at least heard about it. It's Kingdom
Hearts!
Kingdom Hearts is an RPG (role playing game, for noobs) in which you are a boy, Sora, who lives on a small island. His best friends, Riku and Kairi, are as adventurous as he is and the three of them want to run away and explore other worlds. So they build a raft and want to head off but in the night before a huge storm is coming up. The island is shrowded in darkness and Sora heads out to check out if the rafts they built are still okay. But strange creatures kind of appear out of darkness and Sora is confused. It seems then that he has a strange power, because a key-looking sword appears in his hands to fight off the dark creatures. Well, actually it looks more like a club but okay, let's call it keyblade so it sounds cooler. That must have been what the makers thought.
So Sora fights with this
cool new shiny keyblade but after he defeats the final boss on his
island (well, actually you have to kill him not Sora) he faints and
wakes up in a different place separated from his best friends. And
now was the time to freak out for me because this game combines a
great original story, Disney worlds and characters (LOTS OF THEM!!!)
and also characters from another videogame series, Final Fantasy,
which I am going to blog about sometime. I just have to. And another important fact is that his fighting companions are Donald Duck and Goofy. So yeah, their awkward battle cries can get pretty annoying but it's fun if one of them messes up and dies. I am so evil.
For me this game seemed perfect. There is a lot to explore while following the goofy story, which I am not sure was designed to be played by adults (as if I'm an adult...ha...). Every world you travel to is different. So one moment you saved Alice in Wonderland from the mean Heartless (that's what the creatures are called. They have no hearts and consume the hearts of other people) and the next
Don't watch the whole thing, it's just for you to get the idea how the game works.
But the original story of Kingdom Hearts evolves around Sora looking for his best friends and having to defeat the darkness, bringing peace to the worlds.
Actually,
Kingdom Hearts has A LOT of sequels and one prequel, but I won't go
into detail there because the seemingly simple story of the first
Kingdom Hearts gets more and more complicated so I think I will write
a post about an other installment in the franchise an other time. My
favorite is Kingdom Hearts II because through this game I became
friends with the person who is my best friend for 7 years now so this
whole franchise means a lot to me.
Well, to sum up, this game
provides a huge amount of fun but is also pretty long for people who
aren't used to playing RPGs, around 30-40 hours if you really rush
through it without levelling and grinding. But for me it was not too
long, there are games out there with approximately 200 hrs of playing
time so Kingdom Hearts is still reasonable and even kids can play it.
At least the first Kingdom Hearts.
Watch this trailer and you'll know what this game is about ;)
So if you decide to play
this you should have a PS3, where the first Kingdom Hearts was
remastered in HD with an other game of the installment on just one
disc, also including a 3 and a half hour movie of a third game. But
if you want to play the original, you only require a PS2. (*cougcough
or an emulator coughcough*). No seriously kids. Play legal games,
don't download illegal stuff. It's prettier to have a cool box with
this game in there than having the game on the computer without
evidence of having it...I don't know maybe it's just me but I love
collecting this stuff.
So guys, Kingdom Hearts is a
great game and okay, the story isn't that thrilling but it's fun to
play and can be quite challenging from time to time! So check it out
or watch some trailers I don't know..
Thanks for reading!!
Bye~
Bye~


No comments:
Post a Comment